On-line, Real Time Access to Information
- All trades, including all trade history, are available at the click of a button.
You can open a ticket finder and filter tickets by date, customer, CUSIP, etc.
For example, you can easily find which customers have purchased a
particular security in the
past year, or which trades are currently pending your approval.
- Filtered Ticket Blotters automatically update to show you trades as they are entered by
users throughout your organization.
- Filtered Position Scans display all your positions and automatically update as trades
are entered by users throughout your organization.
- Drill down on a position to see the lots/tickets that make up that position.
Expand this view to see the original quantity, original cost (may be different due
to a split), and realized P&L. Click on a ticket to see the corporate actions
that affected that lot. Double-click on one of the lots to view the original ticket.
- Compliance/Limit Screen shows which accounts may purchase a security. This
screen is updated in real time as users enter trades. Click the Buy and
Alloc button to automatically create a ticket across all accounts, with maximum
quantities, that may purchase the security.
- Cash Summary displays all deposits, withdrawals, and cash from trades. From
here you can initiate a cash deposit/withdrawal for and account.
Open Database Architecture
- All afs:TRADE data is stored in an open database. Most SQL
databases, including Sybase and MS-SQL, are supported.
- The open database methodology lets your own staff use third party tools, like report writers and
spreadsheets, to access, import/export, and report on data you've entered into afs:TRADE.
Your staff can even write applications to read/update information in
- AFS provides tools for importing data into the database, aiding in initializing your
database with reference information. Once the database is created, afs:TRADE
real-time events keep users and external processes up to date.
Wall St. Savvy User Interface
- afs:TRADE provides immediate validation of user input, including Product
IDs/CUSIPs and accounts, to dramatically reduce data entry errors. Special data entry fields accept abbreviated date and price information.
afs:TRADE runs on Windows 95, NT, 2000, or XP, and provides the familiar
Windows user interface.
- If one of our off the shelf solutions
does not meet your requirements, AFS can use field tested, production quality objects
for a custom solution. Your staff will never have to adjust the way they do business to use afs:TRADE. afs:TRADE can
be adjusted to fit your existing business model.
- Your security administrator can easily configure afs:TRADE to provide different types of access for
different types of users; for example, removing the ability for some users to enter
tickets or edit account information.
- Menus are extensible without AFS assistance. The administrator can easily add local reports
to the afs:TRADE Reports menu or local tools to the afs:TRADE Admin menu. This
extensibility provides a single interface for your users to all trading
- Mandatory and Optional Shutdown procedures for downtime notification.
- Utilities for managing reference data like lookup tables and calendars.
- Utility for importing reference data for initialization and maintenance of reference